uMi USB Microphone interface
An exceptionally flexible microphone interface for all professional applications.
uMi is designed for iOS, Android, Mac OS & Windows. We developed free uMi control software (available for Windows and Mac) to set up uMi presets and upgrade uMi firmware.uMi is USB 1.1 and 2.0 Class compliant. No drivers required for Windows, OSX or iOS.
- Elegant, robust hardware design using advanced manufacturing processes have produced an outstandingly durable unit, able to be used in the harshest of environments.
- Natural, transparent analogue sound with high quality DSP, including Lo-cut, Phase, Parametric EQ, Gate and Limiter, ensures any microphone will always sound the same, whatever the circumstances or platform.
- Outstanding quality DSP algorithms focused on mobile recording and broadcasting.
- Saving presets within the device means its sound, colour and response can be adjusted with a simple push of a button. Presets can be adjusted and stored in the device via the intuitive uMi Control application for Mac OS and Windows.
- Carefully selected audio components deliver uncompromising 24+1 bit/192 kHz sound quality with the lowest THD and high dynamic range.
- Compatible with iOS, Android, Mac OS and Windows.
- Flexible architecture means two uMi interfaces can be cascaded and used simultaneously in one system. Created with sport commentators in mind who, in many cases, need separate microphones.
- Lockable gain ensures no surprise gain changes anymore when the user switches apps or OS.
- Bus powered – no need for external power or batteries – with adjustable phantom power.
- CNC machined, laser trimmed aluminium casing
- No mechanical/moving parts in the audio signal paths for pristine audio quality and zero degradation over time.
- Acrylic capacitors for distortion free audio.
- 0.1% precision thin film resistors.
- High quality Mogami Neglex quad microphone cable for enhanced RF/EM shielding and improved signal to noise cancelling (10 to 20 dB).
- Adjustable Phantom power (0V to 12V), suitable for most phantom powered microphones.
- All settings stored in device memory, so the connected microphone will sound the same on every device or OS.
- Two presets stored in device memory, selectable via a preset button on casing.
- Designed and manufactured in The Netherlands.
- 32/64-bit Digital Signal Processing
- 25 Bit, up to 192kHz audio conversion
- Microphone sensitivity up to -82 dBU Full Scale
- Up to 32-bit USB audio support
- Ultra low latency, 1ms USB bus latency at all sample rates
- EIN: -130 dBU (150 Ohm, A-weighted)
- EIN: -132 dBU (0 Ohm, A-weighted)
- Dynamic range: 108 dB ( A-weighted)
- THD: 0.0003% (- 42 dBU input level, maximum gain)
- THD+N: 0.003% (– 32 dBU input level, maximum gain)
- Max input level: -22 dBU
- Frequency response @44.1 kHz: 20 Hz – 20000 Hz
- Frequency response @48 kHz: 20 Hz – 24000 Hz
- Frequency response @96 kHz: 20 Hz – 48000 Hz
- Frequency response @192 kHz: 20 Hz – 70000 Hz